...Waiting for the fish to bite or waiting for wind to fly a kite. Or waiting around for Friday night or waiting perhaps for their Uncle Jake or a pot to boil or a better break or a string of pearls or a pair of pants or a wig with curls or another chance. Everyone is just waiting...
-Dr. Seuss

Monday, September 10

I ❤ Cactus

The week before we left for our road trip I took a paramedic refresher class and in one of the Powerpoint the teacher showed a photo of a large cactus (much like the one I am hugging) that had fallen on a car and flattened it. She tied it into the class by talking about how such an event would complicate scene safety and then she mentioned that the cactus probably fell over because tarantulas had eaten away at the bottom. Ewww! Now, I have nothing against cacti, but tarantulas?? Really?! That's just too much ickyness. I needed some answers pronto so of course I turned to Google (everything on the internet is true, right?) and discovered a Snopes entry regarding a similar claim (FALSE by the way...)
No spiders here, I checked!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wasn't that cactus pokey? You are brave to hug a cactus!