...Waiting for the fish to bite or waiting for wind to fly a kite. Or waiting around for Friday night or waiting perhaps for their Uncle Jake or a pot to boil or a better break or a string of pearls or a pair of pants or a wig with curls or another chance. Everyone is just waiting...
-Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, September 26

RIP Little Hamster

When I got back from the Y today my niece informed me that the hamster had died.  She was very pragmatic about it.  I told her we could go bury it in the woods and she told me that it's illegal in North Carolina to bury animals in the woods.  I don't know if that's true, and to be honest I don't really care, but she didn't seem overly grief-stricken anyway so I dropped it.  Little hamster has now been laid to rest in a green biodegradable dog poo bag in the garbage can.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor little hamster. :'(

I would have buried that tiny little creature in the woods anyway. Think of all the natural nature that dies out there every day...what's one little hamster.